• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923 4 battery setup need 12volt tap only 4 winch

bigwhale

Have 923 with the four battery setup 2 which are original and two that I put in myself new. Maintained the original factory 24 parallel setup with the factory taps still in place on each terminal. I want to install a 12 volt winch and only desire 12 volts out of the 24 volt system. What is the easiest way to accomplish this and someone please show me a setup wiring diagram or picts if possible. Thanks for you help in advance.

Sephirothq

To get 12 volts from any 24 volt setup is going to be a bit of a problem. If you have access to a 12 volt alternator and a separte battery that would be the easies and best way to do it.
Next on the list would be to get a dual voltage alternator and use your stock batteries.

That winch is going to draw more current than most 24 to 12 converters can deal with. Probably the same with load balencers.

goldneagle

Depending on the amps you draw you can install a battery equalizer and tap off one 12 volt battery. Vanner make some nice battery equalizers. Look on a popular internet site for them. Easy to wire. 3 terminals on the equalizer. 12V, 24V, and ground.

castirondude

The equalizer will either not keep up or burn itself up trying.

Why not a 24v winch? Those are better anyway , particularly for heavy vehicles. Even folks with full size pickups find themselves testing the limits of what 12v can do for you

goldneagle

The equalizer will either not keep up or burn itself up trying.

Why not a 24v winch? Those are better anyway , particularly for heavy vehicles. Even folks with full size pickups find themselves testing the limits of what 12v can do for you
Just curious what your qualifications are to make that comment?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks