• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923 transfer case wont shift

SCRAP

why is this particular unit so hard to shift? is there any fix for the hard shifting m923? All I can remeber is how easy a duece is to shift.

spicergear

I thought I was going to have to get the Mog one day to drag the M931A2 a few feet so the T-case would change ranges. That's about the crappiest part of the entire truck. Why the F-, no... how in the H*LL did something like that make it into production? I haven't had time to really look over the linkage but it all looks fairly straight forward. I think I'll keep rangin shifting to being on a hill where I can let the truck roll and maybe that will help.

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Noticed today, will shift "in" no problem-shifting "out" big problem. Have to keep working with it to shift "out". Maybe won`t need it much. Otherwise, very happy with everything.
Thanks

jwaller

there was an MWO to drill and tap the linkage points so that they can get greased in a normal service. they tend to bind from lack of lube and lack of use.

engineer233

When I first got mine it was a serious pain to shift. I drained the transfer case and replaced the oil in it with 1 gal of straight lucas oil and 2 1/2 qts of lucas 80w90w gear oil. Then oiled the linkage. As a helpful hint remove the inspection plate to put the lucas in or get a pump. Now mine shifts great for the moment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks