• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923 will not stay runnig...?

MAGNUM

I'm looking at a 923. It starts with jump but dies when cable is unhooked. The voltage meter, in the dash, shows it is charging. Would completley dead batteries do this? I always thought the batteries just started the motor then the alternater took over.? Any ideas?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If its a 923 or 923a1 I believe there needs to be some battery voltage to keep the fuel solenoid engaged. I believe if you cage the fuel solenoid it will stay running. Does it have hawkers or the 6tmf batteries?

wsucougarx

Your Fuel Solenoid Shut off valve needs power to operate correctly. If your batteries are shot then it's a no go. When you're in a bind you can turn the knob on the shutoff valve to over ride the electronics (opens the fuel valve manually). However, you'll need to use the Emergency Shutoff handle in the cab to shut her down. Be sure to reset the shut off valve lever on the unit if you do use the Emergency Shut off handle.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And, you will most likely burn out your voltage regulator!