• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923a2 air brakes leak

RustyM923

This a little off thread, but I'm having problems with my 923a2 intermittently rapidly leaking down its primary air supply. The secondary stays good as long as I don't draw much air. As soon as I rev the truck up, that air comes back up to 120 +- psi and sometimes stays there fine; other times it drops back down to about 20 psi if I let the truck idle. I've walked around the truck and I hear no leakage, and when I parked it a little while ago the air stayed up, even at idle. Any ideas?

Thanks for letting me hi-jack the thread.
Tommy
Break out a spray bottle of soap and water and start spraying everything. It's got to be leaking from somewhere.

jwesley74

This a little off thread, but I'm having problems with my 923a2 intermittently rapidly leaking down its primary air supply. The secondary stays good as long as I don't draw much air. As soon as I rev the truck up, that air comes back up to 120 +- psi and sometimes stays there fine; other times it drops back down to about 20 psi if I let the truck idle. I've walked around the truck and I hear no leakage, and when I parked it a little while ago the air stayed up, even at idle. Any ideas?

Thanks for letting me hi-jack the thread.
Tommy
Check the air dryer. Ours was leaking out bottom purge vent. Had to do rebuild on it. But same problems you listed. Wouldn't build air or it would drop air rapidly.

mikey

Check the air dryer. Ours was leaking out bottom purge vent. Had to do rebuild on it. But same problems you listed. Wouldn't build air or it would drop air rapidly.
Agreed. Check the air dryer! Same exact symptoms with my 939. Mine seemed to run great when it was warm outside, which led me to believe there was an issue with ice. However, you state that you hear nothing. I could clearly hear air being expelled from my air dryer purge valve when the truck was running.

If your issue is the air dryer, make sure you get both the upper and lower rebuild kits. The upper kit has the purge valve, which was absolutely the problem with mine and seems to be common and the lower kit has two filters, which you will need to change if you don't want the purge valve to stick again.

http://www.amazon.com/Haldex-Midlan...396554087&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=haldex+dq6020
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0046PEL2I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mikey

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks