• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

925 acquisition from JBLM to Norcal

jrod66

drive flange bolts are 3\4", I took them off for the trip and averaged about 9mpg, drove her all the way home without a problem, I put 400 bucks in the truck total trip was 550 miles and when I got home I still had 3/4 of a tank, seems like a real sound machine, all the fluids had been recently changed and there are a bunch of new air lines and misc items that have been replaced. I am happy with my purchase.

jrod66

Whats the deal with the sf97? do I wait for them to send it or do I have to request one? thanks I will have to get up to your neck of the woods soon, it drives pretty good data tag says updated in 07 and the carc date is 11/03 has abs also

Truckoholic

Now that you have the truck home (You can not request the SF97 before picking up the truck), you need to go into your GovLiquidation account, and on the left side click on "Forms" and then scroll down to "Request for SF97 form" and click on it, or try this link here https://www.govliquidation.com/help/sf97.html . You will need to put your invoice number in, and then it will show you the lots associated with that invoice that you can request an SF97 for. So you click on it, and it opens up a page where you enter the VIN of he truck, the weight, both empty and GVWR, and how many axles, and what color and things. MAKE **** SURE THAT YOU ENTER THE VIN EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!! Because it is up to you to enter it right. If you get the SF97 in the mail, and then go to register your truck, and whoever does the VIN verification see's that the VIN is different on the SF97 than on the truck, you are going to have problems. Make sure you have a credit card on file in your GL account, because they are going to charge it $60 to process the paperwork. On my first truck, I did not have a credit card on file since I paid for my truck purchase with paypal, so when they got my SF97 request, they had no way to charge me for it, so they just didn't process it, nor did they contact me to tell me that, so I ended up waiting weeks before finally calling them wondering where the heck it was, and had them tell me they never got payment for it. OH COME ON!! So yeah, make sure they have a way to get paid for it. ha ha

So yeah, you definitely have to request the SF97. They will not just send it to you. What it is, is a Certificate to recieve a title. Because these trucks never had titles. They were bought under contract, and used by the military with no titles needed. So when we come along and buy them, we have to have a title, so they give you a "Right to a title" form that you then have to take into DMV in order to get DMV to generate a title for that truck. It confuses the poor DMV people, because in their minds, they are thinking surely the truck HAD to have been registered in a previous state, and they enter the VIN into the computer trying to find the trucks past history, and there of course is nothing that comes up. And because the VIN is a digit or two short, that throws them off too.

So yeah, the sooner you request that SF97 the sooner you will get it and can go register your new toy! My last one took about 2 weeks to get to me from the time I requested it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks