• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

925 starting issue...

builderboy

Ok, I've had the truck a couple of years. Always ran like a top!! Pulled the batteries to take with me on a HET recovery in south lousiania. Anyway, truck ran when parked in no grass by the house. Bought new batteries, installed them... and nothing!! checked volts, 25.7 every where I checked.

I've looked at the picture under the seat, checked what I understand on the tm's, moved shifter etc. and I can't get anything to make a sound. I even hooked up a different ( but unchecked) pmc. .... nothing. Nothing clicks nor do gauges move.

My question is two things, when changing the batteries, I tried to weld my wrench from the battery post to the seat!! Could this have f&^%$d something up besides the PMC?? Does the PMC have to be grounded/installed to work?

and is there anyway possible I have the batteries in backwards??

All positive post are toward the rear of the cab. Does anyone have any pictures??

Thanks
Kevin
620-757-0888
builderboy2037@gmail.com

P.s. can't wait to see everyone in Topeka Ks. this year!!

Artisan

Also, the MAIN wires from the battery to the starter WEAR ON THE
LEFT REAR OF THE ENGINE. The insulation can wear completely away.
You can NOT see the damage unless you disconnect the + and - cables
and pull them towards the starter. Mine was BAD. I did a repair by
sliding a thick piece of dishwasher drain hose OVER the wires in that
area. Be FOREWARNED.

This should be a sticky. It is VERY common.