• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

925 Won't Start

renovate7

I' ve got a 925 sitting on the delivery trailer out front and it won't start. GL had started it and had it running when picked up. We just put 2 new batteries in it and the starter won't kick in at all. The dash lights are bright and don't dim when the starter switch is engaged, I think we have plenty of juice. The truck is in neutral and parking brake is on. What are we missing?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like the solenoid, or starter, ground, or control box.
Short out the solenoid and see if the starter starts.

Andy1234

Control box. Black box on the firewall, drivers side, approx 4" wide, 7" tall, 3" thick. New, they're approx $250-ish, used approx $75-ish. Held on with 4 bolts.

Andy

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Move the hand brake up and down several times.......there is a switch on my M927 (it is the Harsco version with the 8.3 Cummins in it) that sometimes sticks and until you mess with it a few times the truck won't crank.

Drove me crazy until I figured out it was just one of the quirks the truck has.

Bighurt

I had that happen once, either the hand brake or switching the gears out and back to neutral did the truck. I did both without trying. I did a few other things but I doubt yelling helped...

renovate7

Well, we just changed the end of an air hose so we could hook it to the 925 and get the brakes to release. We tilted the trailer and rolled it off into the front yard. Thanks for the timely replies. I'll get a look at it in the morning and report my findings..Pictures to follow tomorrow.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
box

If you do need a protective control box, The OE mfg sells them on Epay for $139 or lower as he has a "Best Offer". He sells both the 800 and 900 boxes.

I did diagnostics on the parking brake switch and if I read the p2p software correctly it lights the bulb on the dash row and goes to the buzzard/ module assembly to sound the buzzard and light the bulb. I don't recall seeing it interface with the transmission interlock/neutral safety.

Best of Luck