• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

931 A1 wheeling and mod thread

PaFarmer

Sorry for the multiple posts. Trouble with tapatalk. I took it to Rausch Creek for the fall 2013 rallyImageUploadedByTapatalk1396833974.135822.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396834034.301152.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396834076.202748.jpg

PaFarmer

I really like the 939 series trucks. I installed a block heater which really helped speed up the cold weather start time

Last edited:

PaFarmer

I need to provide some updates. I painted the deuce bed and installed a new tan cargo cover.

PaFarmer

I loaded five kayaks a canoe my wife three kids and three of their friends and went to the lake. I really like the sides of the cargo cover rolled up. Got a lot of looks and people taking pics.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404001241.563667.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404001256.065275.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1404001268.128964.jpg

Vintage iron

Be careful with the block heaters that have the locking nut to hold in the element. They tend to leak around the element. I prefer the fusion welded units.

PaFarmer

I really like this truck. Being able to load six boats and eight people is neat. Trips like this demonstrate to my loving wife that these military trucks have genuine utility.

i want to install six seat belts along one side of the troop seats. I don't plan on long trips, but have taken the kids for short rides before with straps across the back of the bed.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like this truck. Being able to load six boats and eight people is neat. Trips like this demonstrate to my loving wife that these military trucks have genuine utility.

i want to install six seat belts along one side of the troop seats. I don't plan on long trips, but have taken the kids for short rides before with straps across the back of the bed.
in Cali you can't have anyone in the bed of a truck....so haulin folks in the rear is a no go.
Not sure bout your state.....

PaFarmer

Thankfully PA is much more old fashioned (read greater freedom) than CA, which I am sure you can appreciate given your reference to you location as being "occupied kalifornia". That said, you cannot have passengers in the bed of a truck in PA either, but my personal position is that troop seats are seats designed for passengers, unlike the bed of a pick up, which is designed for cargo not passengers. I will exercise the personal responsibility of installing seat belts and use my truck as I see fit. I am not prompting lawlessness or stating a legal opinion, just my personal opinion. It is kind of amusing that if someone does something fun, without any impact on anyone else, it often times is "illegal". If the measure of "illegality" is measured by fun, this particular trip was highly "illegal".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks