• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

932A2 air pressure issues....or Did anyway

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I was doing my weekly PMCS and run on the M932a2. Started to build air and heard the normal moans and groans of air building and CTIS inflating in hwy mode...after about 15mins I noticed it was not done....I heard air expelling form the bottom of the dryer and the air pressure was stuck at 90 or so.
turned it off, started over and still same...drained tanks and started over...now,it built no pressure. I still had the air expelling from the dryer...so I applied air direct to the front left gland hand...aired up but still expelling from the dryer...I held my hand over the hole to see how much pressure...then wham, it stopped.
and now the pressure built up to 140 and the governor kicked in and stopped.

drained tanks, started again...aired up...This time I took the ebrake off and it was dumping from the intake stack, cycled through that a few times and it stopped....now appears ok.

so WTF...is my dryer going tango uniform? I have never replaced the filter, and it's quite new "looking" from rebuild. 24hrs since rebuild.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time to service the dryer, the moisture it works out of the system will foul the valve and rust the canister. Pretty easy to service, if the canister is not rusted on at the threads. Several kits available to change out the canister, purge filter, and heating element. All commercially available.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Air dryer expello valve is stuck. Stick your finger in and push up. It will stick again though. Replace the dryer its cheaper than rebuilding it and the expello valve is replaced from inside.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like it....won't hurt even if it don't fix it.
i know folks on here have them for sale...maybe they will chime in.
does that sound like the issue?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks