• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

932a2 hood adjustment

skav

Hi all,

My hood is hitting the cab metal to metal and I'd like to adjust it forward a bit.

So far I loosened the four bolts under the pivot and pushed them as far forward as possible. They moved about 1/4" but it didn't really help.

One thing I noticed is that the pivot and cross member is sitting at an angle towards the back of the truck which pushes the. Hood back. From what I can see there doesn't seem to be any adjustment for this. I'm going to try to loosen these bolts then use a come along to see if it rotates forward a bit, but I figured that I'd ask first.

Any info is appreciated.

I'll get pictures up soon.

skav

Looks like the insulator/pivot (the part wit grease fitting) has gone bad.
Like Gunzy said or it looks like someone hit it under the drivers side headlight and bent it all up.
Pull the pivot back to vertical and your problem should disappear!
Thanks guys. I saw where it was hit on the drivers side. I'm hoping the come along will do the trick.

Is there any other adjustment?

goldneagle

Thanks guys. I saw where it was hit on the drivers side. I'm hoping the come along will do the trick.

Is there any other adjustment?
You had the right idea about loosening the 4 bolts for adjustment. However the damage to the crossmember is keeping you from adjusting the hood.

74M35A2

Just leave the hood off. That is what we did after engine rebuild in high school, but you have to have the yellow Accel plug wires to be doing so with any style.

skav

Just leave the hood off. That is what we did after engine rebuild in high school, but you have to have the yellow Accel plug wires to be doing so with any style.
Great idea. I'm gonna change the spark plugs to e3s this weekend and install a smaller turbo pulley to get 50psi of boost. Should should get me to 400HP.

skav

Ok back on track now...

I hooked a come along to the good at the hinge and was able to pull it forward but the pivot and hinge support is still sitting at an angle.

I'm thinking about pulling the hood tomorrow to see what's up. Is there anything special I need to know?

JohnnyBM931A2

Ok back on track now...

I hooked a come along to the good at the hinge and was able to pull it forward but the pivot and hinge support is still sitting at an angle.

I'm thinking about pulling the hood tomorrow to see what's up. Is there anything special I need to know?
From what I have heard, be prepared to cut bolts. Seems like the hood on these things is always a pain to remove.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok back on track now...

Don't forget to relieve pressure from the torsion rods before you remove the hood from the trunnion, or the trunnion from the pivot.

If you find that the trunnion bushing is bad, it is called a "resilient mount" in the TMs. Looking at your picture, the good side of the trunnion bar on the passenger side is also tilted back slightly. Either the whole thing is bent or the trunnion bushing is bad. It could be worn or could've been damaged when the bar was bent.

I will be replacing my bushing in the near future due to excessive wear. The NSN for the bushing is 5342-01-104-7843. If you find you need one, search the NSN including dashes on ebay.

Most of your problem is going to be the bent bar though.

Last edited: