• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

932A2 short bed install

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotcha. Where did you find frankin battery box? I'd be interested in swapping mine and moving the batteries outside.

So was your hydro tank accessed from driver or passenger side before? Mine is from the drivers.

Our bed overhang looks pretty much the same at the rear.

What are your plans for flaps?

The truck had the battery box on it already. As far as mud flaps, I'm putting the original cargo version ones on that came on the bed. I really never liked the tractor ones

Elideclan2

I have one of the battery box kits like this one.
I have the full kit with everything need to install.
It is all plug and play. New old stick. Pm me if interested

Andy (or anyone else who shortened a bed!)-
I am about to cut down a 5T bed and am torn about the 10' or 11' like yours. Hope you can answer a couple questions.

How much does your bed overhang the end of the frame?
How much space is between the spare and the bed, picture makes it seem pretty wide?
Did you cut down troop seats, did the 3' work well?
Do you have a picture with the cover on, what did you do to the canvas?
And finally, any pictures of the bed work?

Thanks!

Yep. I've never liked the looks of the Deuce bed or 105 bed on the 939's so I decided to cut a standard bed down one bay, 3 feet, to keep the bows evenly spaced when I decide to put bows and a cover on it.

nuke20000

I'm also in the early stages of a short bed truck. This post is helpful to see the pictures. I'm torn on the length of the bed like others. I have the bed and have removed the fifth wheel hitch so far. A friend is going to do the cutting and welding of the bed. It's going to be a slow project but worth it in the end. Thanks for any info that you post.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy (or anyone else who shortened a bed!)-
I am about to cut down a 5T bed and am torn about the 10' or 11' like yours. Hope you can answer a couple questions.

How much does your bed overhang the end of the frame?
How much space is between the spare and the bed, picture makes it seem pretty wide?
Did you cut down troop seats, did the 3' work well?
Do you have a picture with the cover on, what did you do to the canvas?
And finally, any pictures of the bed work?

Thanks!
I'll try to answer a couple of your questions. I chose to take exactly 36" out to keep the bed " original " looking only shorter. I don't have the bows or cargo cover yet. Cutting the same 36" off of the troop seats was easy and it worked perfectly.

As far as a few measurements: From the back of the frame to the back of the bed: 18"

From the back of the cab to the front of the bed; 25" It is 2" wider than my 923A2 and the reason being I had to maintain clearance between the front of the bed and the hydraulic tank.

20160325_181551.jpg 20160325_181627.jpg
20160125_145415.jpg

Last edited:

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank You! Exactly what I was looking for. I'm mentally stuck with keeping the bed as long as possible, but keeping the overhang short.
I don't like the M105 bed, but a local guy was selling one, and I really like how his bed is flush. View attachment 614666

I like having a blank canvas to work with!
105's look Ok on a bobbed truck but kinda odd on a tandem. Are you bobbing yours?

105's look Ok on a bobbed truck but kinda odd on a tandem. Are you bobbing yours?
Not really, but if 1 of the axles had a problem, I would single up. I agree the 105 is really for bobbed rigs. The stock cargo beds, with fold down (removable) sides, troop seats and cargo cover is just too awesome to not use.

nuke20000

Could you please give some details on moving the spare tire rack forward with some close up pictures of the mounting? This would really help me out a great deal. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks