• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

939-809 parts interchange question

USMC4302

Apologies if this has been addressed -- search didn't come up with anything for me.

Anyway ... If I were to change out my NDT tires/wheels on my 809-series truck (817 to be exact), are the super singles I'm seeing on the 939-series trucks a form/fit replacement? From what I can tell from the two parts TM's, it would seem they do, but are there other issues involvced, or can it be a simple swap? Are all SS the same or are there different types?

Also, are the axle assemblies swappable between the two trucks? I see the p/n's are close but not exact ...

So the real question ... I was thinking of getting a non-runner 939 with super singles and pulling a few other bits and pieces (like the engine, etc) and then scrapping or selling the rest of it. Good plan? Bad plan?

Thanks for any input!

M813A1

The tires and rims should fit !! The axles are basicallt the except for the air brakes versus the Hdryaulic brakes !! Yes I think the axles are swappable but the rework need to make the air system work for the braker would be very difficult to rework . Your idea is good but it wouyld just be easier to get a running M939 and save to the you the hassle and monies need to by the other truck for parts, you could get 1 good truck for a little more.

USMC4302

Thanks for the info! I neglected to remember about the brakes .... good point. I'll check the P/N's on the internals, then.

But I'm not a big fan of the 939 series and will prefer to keep my 817. In my humble, non-expert opinion, it's a matter for amiable debate as to which one is "the better truck." :)

Csm Davis

Hey Marine, why not get a 932a1 and put your bed on it, the cab protector will need to be modified to clear the top but not a big deal and the 932 comes with a wet kit on it so at most you might have to use your pump. Lots easier than swapping all the other stuff. But if you are a hard headed jarhead like me yes almost everything on the two trucks can be swapped out. :D

M813A1

well the easiest thing is just get some hemett rims and put the 1400.20 tires on !! But I would recommend the 395's or a set of 1200.20 tires instead. I ran a set of the 1400.20 tires, yes I got more road speed but WOW does it loose pull power on the taller tires !! IMHO I would stay with the M817 rather then the M929 . The M817 is cheaper to fix the trans and it does not have all of the antiskid crap, and CTIS stuff like the newer M939 series. and a clutch is cheaper to replace !! Good luck !! 2cents2cents2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks