• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

939 hot drum

mikey

I have an M931A2 overhauled at Red River 8/12.

Recently while moving the truck after about a few weeks of sitting the rear right wheel did not move at first. I was in soft dirt so I didn't notice immediately. I backed up a total of about 10' and it popped free after about 7'. I thought it may have been stuck brakes and I took note of it.

On my next outing I checked the hubs and drum temps at each stop. By the time I got home, three of the four rear drums were 200F and the right rear was 300F. The same wheel that locked up. It never locked up since the first time and I haven't driven it since the high drum temp. I'm going to pull the wheel and inspect. I've read that sometimes they forget to grease the bearings at RR.

I have the TM and won't have a problem removing the wheel (14R20). However, is there any advice on the process that I should be aware of? Any tips, not in the TM's, you have from experience?

I'm going to use an ATV lift to remove the wheel, but my main concern is the CTIS. Right now it works flawlessly and I'd rather not screw that up.

Thanks

Mikey

Ddmk18

I haven't read the tm on working on the rear wheel but the only tip I have is don't screw the nut clear off ctis valve. Just loosen it enough to wiggle it up off the hub. And also turn the nipple coming out of the hub down when taking the wheel on or off in case it slips on the jack it won't bust the nipple off the hub.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks