• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

939 series transmission oil dump?

Csm Davis

Okay has anyone ever seen any transmission pump all of it's fluid out on the ground and then not be able to find where it came out? This just happened to me an I can't believe it, here's what went down cranked the truck, let it idle while I started a different truck got back in truck drove fifty yards to concrete stopped got out to look for air leak saw fair puddle starting pulled off pad to keep mess down, got out to see where leak was coming from and it was flooding ran back to drivers side to shutdown,left truck for few days till had time to get back under it, looked later couldn't find where it was coming from only other 939 I have seen dump all the oil like this had busted case so got pullout transmission ready to replace this one pulled truck to shop got phone call from mechanic to come refill transmission so he can make sure it wasn't a busted line. Fill it and make him put clean pan down to catch 5 gallons of new oil, fire truck up and nothing! No drips no runs no spills, wtf? Run truck for hour, drive to get lunch leave it running, drive home ten miles still nothing what gives?

Monkeyboyarmy

Should be one of the two 1/8" pipe plugs on the right side just above the oil pan. I don't know which one id which. I would guess that the front is pump pressure and the rear one is reverse pressure. But it's a guess.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Their is a little oil vent/drain/sampler on the front of the Trans oil cooler.
Make sure it is closed.

Csm Davis

Guys it did this once and we did nothing to fix it but add more oil and it doesn't even drip. If the manual valve was open it would still be leaking. Can anyone say they have seen a hose leak like an open waterhose and without any adjustment it seal completely back closed? This got me to thinking does anyone know if there is a protective valve that would shut off the cooler in case of a massive leak, ie. Bullet holes?

Monkeyboyarmy

How about from the fill tube. My first A3 didn't have a dipstick and when I fired it up,it puked a bunch of fluid out. Found out that the breather was plugged. Could it have built up pressure and blew the dipstick out enough to empty the fluid?

TiGWolf

Is it possible somehow when the engine turned over it was running in reverse direction?? My neighbor use to be an owner operator of a dump truck and he had some weird fluke where it fired off in reverse rotation and pumped the fluid out all over everywhere...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks