• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

939A2 with Electronic engine?

Jeepsinker

So they took a semi- reliable truck and made it a nightmare to repair... The intercooler is awesome. Same can be done with our normal A2 trucks, but I can do without all the electronic junk. Still, that is really cool that you came across such a rare bird.

At least it doesn't have a particulate filter on it... Exhaust fluid anyone? Bullsh*t...

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the 25th Anniversary SS model.

That's pretty neat but as soon as they added all the extras, it lost its appeal to me. Even if it got a major power boost from the upgrades, I enjoy mine for its simplicity. Simplicity is something I've come to appreciate in this complicated world we live in today.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what came up on QSOL about it. no mention of CMP or Military. I can check warranty claims....

Engine Dataplate - (Original) VIN:
Marketing Model NameService Model NameEPA Model Name
ISC-260ISC CM850Not Available
Shop OrderBuild PlantBuild Date
SO33203CNS - CONSOLIDATED DIESEL CO.13 Jul 2004
Warranty Start DateECM CodeFuel Pump Part #
Not AvailableNot Available4088866
Fuel Pump CalibrationMarketing Engine Configuration #Technical Engine Configuration #
GO41D413047BB07D413047BX03
CPL #Customer NumberCustomer Name
CPL84303750Not Available

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No warranty start date...that means while it was in warranty, there were no issues. It is an off the shelf, ISC CM850 engine with 2002 year model emissions, no egr valve or cooler, but, it has a non VGT turbo. It is using a waste gate type. Not typical for that year and HP.

chess

Beautiful truck. If it's still for sale in a few months I'll buy it. I heard of these trucks but never seen one or read about it until now thanks for sharing.

74M35A2

Unlabeled and unpainted switch/light/diag panel, along with the use of a store bought curved exhaust pipe as a radiator hose adapter indicate it is not mass production. 260hp is only 20 more, nothing to get that excited over vs being kind of hacked into there, just my opinion. Cool to see nonetheless, I'll stick with my 6CTA8.3,

Csm Davis

Unlabeled and unpainted switch/light/diag panel, along with the use of a store bought curved exhaust pipe as a radiator hose adapter indicate it is not mass production. 260hp is only 20 more, nothing to get that excited over vs being kind of hacked into there, just my opinion. Cool to see nonetheless, I'll stick with my 6CTA8.3,
Yeah brother if you look it is marked as prototype on motor tag. But it should be easy to bump the hp well above 260.

sent from my decrepit fingers

gparkes

So all the electronic BS doesn't bother anyone? In my past military experience, that is one of the great things about the deuce and M800 series 5-tons... no electronics to get in the way of a perfectly good running truck.

ScubaCat

No, I'm with you. Tired of endless electronics and sensors to get in the way.

So all the electronic BS doesn't bother anyone? In my past military experience, that is one of the great things about the deuce and M800 series 5-tons... no electronics to get in the way of a perfectly good running truck.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agree
The more you add, the increased chance of failure.

Would be interesting to see what would have been done to these trucks if they were still on active duty.

I personally would love to have a USMC 7 ton. Best of both worlds.