• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

98 LMTV registration in TX????

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The registration is good for 3 years. The current registration is good till 2018. After 2018 you have to do it again and it will be good for 3 years. They don't know the value so you can tell them whatever you want for value.
Actually the registration is good for 5 years but it is a fixed date so if you register in the middle you pay a prorated amount. In 2018 your registration will be for 5 years.

As far as value you should have paperwork including an invoice that shows what you paid for it. Falsifying paperwork is illegal.

scottmandu

Actually the registration is good for 5 years but it is a fixed date so if you register in the middle you pay a prorated amount. In 2018 your registration will be for 5 years.
As far as value you should have paperwork including an invoice that shows what you paid for it. Falsifying paperwork is illegal.
The few bucks you save isn't worth the time you do or fine if it is discovered one knowingly falsified a government document.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you have to pay sells tax again? I'm buying mine in Louisiana and driving it back to Texas.
If you're buying it in Lousiana but titling it in Texas then yes you will have to pay tax again. Then submit your tax receipt to GP/IP and they will refund you the Lousiana sales tax when they get around to it (usually 4-6 weeks in my experience).

hangarhermit

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you have to pay sells tax again? I'm buying mine in Louisiana and driving it back to Texas.
I have bought several vehicles in Louisiana and registered in Texas. I have not had to pay any Texas sales tax after showing them the invoice that shows it is a Louisiana purchase and Louisiana sales tax was paid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks