• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

998 canvas top repair

aslemmer

Hello,

I just picked up a well used vinyl crew and cargo top for my HMMWV. There are areas of sun damage where you see the canvas material showing through.
I’ve been looking for a viable solution to repair the sun worn areas and have not seen anything that is a true solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know the best way to repair this?

Thank you.

Terra1936

Some of my european mv's have painted over vinyl. Latex is flexible enough. That may extend life. Or you could take to a boat canvas shop and have another piece of material sewn over top and have the drip rails re attached.

aslemmer

Some of my european mv's have painted over vinyl. Latex is flexible enough. That may extend life. Or you could take to a boat canvas shop and have another piece of material sewn over top and have the drip rails re attached.
Thanks for the info; I may have it resurfaced if it is cost effective.

dougco1

Hello,

I just picked up a well used vinyl crew and cargo top for my HMMWV. There are areas of sun damage where you see the canvas material showing through.
I’ve been looking for a viable solution to repair the sun worn areas and have not seen anything that is a true solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know the best way to repair this?

Thank you.
You can always trust Phil Swift and his products.
Fathers Day sale is still on.
Products | flexsealproducts.com

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
**will start a new thread**

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been toying with the idea of putting Flex Seal on one of my soft slant backs to test its durability. Would paint OD green over it of course. Hope you try it, cause I've been curious for some time about whether Flex Seal can approximate the vulcanized rubber technique OEM suppliers use for military canvas covers.
Bulldogger

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen folks on YouTube use Flex Seal on ALICE pack map pockets, M1967 buttpacks, and M1945 backpacks to restore the waterproof function of the flexible liner that loses its coating over time. They say it works well for that application which requires much more flexibility than a cargo cover. I think I'll try it on some pin hole areas of my cargo cover.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks