• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A 101 Christmas

harleyhouse

Our town has a light up night at Christmas.
They have a night parade and the local businesses have specials
and stay open late.

The Oakmont, Pa. Chamber of Commerce has a float contest.
Anyone can enter , Churches, schools, scouts, and families.
So this year the HARLEY family entered a float.

My two girls chose A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS as the theme.
Many nights of cutting out plywood chacters, building a deck for the trailer, Painting and assembly is now complete.

We used our 1990 M101A2 for the build and it worked out great.
For lights I used a Honda generator mounted in place of my tongue box.

Top prize is $200.00 dollars but I enforced to my girls that we are doing the
float as a family project and although it would be nice to win we are showcasing our talented family.

I will post how it went on Sunday!

Attachments

harleyhouse

Sunday:

Don't know who won the contest yet, But the girls and I had fun.
there was thousands of people to watch the parade. People came from many neighboring
towns for the light up night festivities.

Everything stayed on the trailer even on the bumpy streets. The parade took an hour start to finish and the little Honda generator powered through the night.

Here are several more pictures of my crew and the float.
This will be a new Harley family tradition.

Ps: I got several inquires about the M101A2 as it was the tallest trailer in the parade.
Others used little Lowes trailers to build on.

Attachments

koolex11

Great float, Mark. I don't know what I like better, the dog house or the gen and lights! I wish we had a parade like that around here. That sounds like a really nice tradition.

koolex11

I haven't bought anything new in the auctions! I'm a schoolteacher and can only be an active 101 enthusiast during the summer. Don't worry, I've been reading. Just don't have much to add!

harleyhouse

And the winner of the $200.00 is.....................................

Not us! We had great fun, and the trailer is sitting in the front yard lit at night until we dismantle the characters for my daughters grade school chorus concert.

The winning float was from the local hardware store, They used several blow up yard decorations and light sets from the store, I bet they were back on the shelf the day.

Next years float is on the drawing board and it will look something closer to the Disney main street electrical light parade! We are out to kick some but next year!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks