• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A/C addition underway

WildEd

Bad news for me. Reverse, 2nd and 5th gear positions of shifter hit the underdash unit even with supplied brackets maxed out. Options are to offset unit to the passenger side and fabricate brackets, or alter shifter dimensions and angles.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad news for me. Reverse, 2nd and 5th gear positions of shifter hit the underdash unit
Dunno if it helps you, but when I ran into this issue with my M37 (shifter encounter the dash after mods), I heated the shift lever up with a torch and bent it just a hare. It took about 5 miles to get used to and then I forgot about it until I read your last post.

SJ/JD

WildEd

I notched the lower shifter bend, bent it X number of degrees, and re-welded it. It now clears. Dumb luck. Time to clean up the weld and paint it.20190619_194319.jpg20190619_194319.jpg20190619_194211.jpg

Last edited:

WildEd

The supplied brackets for the underdash unit are inadequate for anything beyond idling in the driveway. I fabricated an adjustable rear brace utlizing the heater blower upper mounts. The front differential engage switch has also been relocated. Down to wiring and hoses to the evaporator. 20190624_204214.jpg20190624_204307.jpgr

WildEd

Leaky radiator hold-up

After dismantle and reinstall of radiator, a leak developed in the lower tank. Leak stop additives didn't work, so I removed it again and to the radiator shop it went. It should be ready tomorrow.

rustystud

That is a good installation job there WildEd ! I used to install complete A/C units in vehicles when I worked at a A/C shop Phoenix in the late 1970's . Back then most cars and trucks didn't come with factory A/C then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks