• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A/C compressor bracket for M939 A/A1 series.

Barron

I know a few people are installing/contemplating installing A/C on their 5 tons.

Kenway Engineering in MN, builds A/C compressor brackets for just about anything, and have a complete kit with hardware and belts for the NHC 250 engine in the 5-ton.

The Part Number is 16-CU-138 The Price quoted with shipping was $196.92

Call 507-238-9051 and ask for JoAnne.

They also build brackets for the A2, 400 Cummins etc. Just not sure on the part #'s

The website is Kenwayengineering.com

Rifleman

Barron, i like you live in Arizona and this comes as very good news. I have been looking at one of the Red Ball kits to use on my truck, the only problem with those kits is no bracket to mount the compressor to the NHC 250. It seems now you have solved that problem, and i might add at a very reasonable price too.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barron, i like you live in Arizona and this comes as very good news. I have been looking at one of the Red Ball kits to use on my truck, the only problem with those kits is no bracket to mount the compressor to the NTC 250. It seems now you have solved that problem, and i might add at a very reasonable price too.
What is the red ball kit part number?

Barron

RedDOT has a good website, but they don't have parts/numbers, They have an extensive dealer network. You can try dealer locate on the website and contact a dealer.

I'm planning on installing a RedDOT Headliner unit from an M-915 freightliner in my 923 with a hardtop. The original 939 series RedDot had a backmount evaporator and blower and the battery box and bench seat has to come out. THey were installed in the uparmored 939 series with 2 seats.
RedDOT made all their military parts work with other vehicles, ie you could make a system from half HMMWV parts and half M915 Parts.

What is the red ball kit part number?