• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A/c idler pully and tensioner question

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What the heck is the part number for this? Specially for the v-belt. I'm at a loss and my only guess would be 9N-3345? It one of the last few parts I'm searching for, and is the protecht required?

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure on the part number. I gave up trying to find one and fabbed one myself. I started with an off the shelf AC idler brkt and pulley for a ford purchased from napa for about $20 (Hayden 5950). I made a new arm out of 1" x 1/2" bar and added a spacer to get the correct offset. I have included a picture of the idler I started with.

I completed my install last week and so far it functions great. I have 40 degree air at the vents, but that was with it only being 80 outside. I hope it does as well when its hotter.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I completed my install last week and so far it functions great. I have 40 degree air at the vents, but that was with it only being 80 outside. I hope it does as well when its hotter.
Nice job on the pulley! I get about 40° at the vent on mine even when it's in the mid 90's out. The problem is there's so much space inside the cab, so much heat coming off of everything (the floor, the windows, the roof, etc) that the A/C just can't keep up with it. I can keep it to the point where it's in the low 80's in the cab so it's borderline comfortable/uncomfortable but it beats the heck out of it being 95°+ in there.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info, I was starting to think a semi custom route was my future. I did find the PS article saying our trucks need 3.75 pounds of r134. My last components are the belt idler, and hoses. As I don't think the red dot protecht is required for operations, just diagnostics. Oh I need belts too haha

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you remember what issue of PS had the R134 charge amount? I currently have 36oz of R134 in mine but I know I need to add some more based on the AC manifold gauge pressures.

I didn't use the protecht module either. Regarding hoses I bought the fittings and the hose material as well as a crimper online and made my own. I am not sure if this route cost more or less than taking it to a shop but it was easy to do. For the condenser I used a universal 16 x 21 parallel flow condenser with a 16" electric fan for cooling. So far I am happy with the results. Likely based on others experience I need to add insulation to the cab.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do an advanced search for "pulley" in the FMTV forum, look for a thread started by me, in it is a post with the parts list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks