• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A/C In A3?

usmctopgun

Anyone done it, or seen one? I'm planning to add one to my crew cab build, was just curious if anyone had seen it in an A3. I figure there might already be a compressor setup for the Cat engine. If not, may use similar setup to what Clinton did in one of this crew cab A2s.

Big Truck Floor Mount Evaporator A/C System - Miscellaneous Vehicles

Also a Red Dot A/C on ebay, but it looks like a lot of trouble to add to an A3.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MILI...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23116913ec

Open to ideas, and yes I searched the site to no success. One guy from CA mentioned putting a huge alternator and convertor on his A3 to run a window unit...ugh, that ain't gonna happen on this one. Only thing that comes to mind there is...you might be a redneck if you have a window unit a/c hanging off your deuce...

Last edited:

smoke

The a3 are probably easier to add a/c too. We have a couple of freightliner straight chassis that were converted to small handicap bus and run 3116 in them. they have add on a/c for rear roof a/c. They have two compressors on them one from factory for front a/c(located passenger side lower side under alternator) and add on one is located on add bracket on top of valve cover. Only thing may have to wear about is hood clearance thou freightshaker have slant nose to them. I'll try too found out the name of the company who put add a/c on. But the bracket on top of valve cover should be cat part number or freightliner part number. Need 12v convertor too because 12v system.

R Racing

Im in the process of doing it myself using a Hmmwv unit to do it. I have seen a couple done. The Hmmwv is a 24V so no converter needed. Just have to make the brackets up yet.I'm doing my m920 first then the M35A3.

EF-5

This is just a thought, but would a portable air conditioner/ heater work? Maybe using an inverter, or other means of powering it? You could possibly use the air intake, or simply fix the hoses to the back window in order to draw in air. This of course is after the cab is insulated sufficiently. Some of these air conditioners are made to cool and heat 400 sq/ft. The cab of the deuce is no where that spacious.

Danby DPAC12010H 12,000 BTU 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner