• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A/C in the Deuce using TM Americas alternator mounts

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shannon,

Nice install. You really will enjoy the comfort of the a/c. I am glad I took the time and effort to install mine. Did you use the twin belts or the serpentine setup? Today, I replaced the Autozone belts with Gates Green Stripe 9555 FleetRunners. Without the tensioner pulley, the belts have to be strong enough not to stretch. Did you put an aux fan on the condenser? I found out with mine (I mounted mine above the fuel tank, the aux fan kept the head pressure down and allowed it do its job more efficiently and cool better.

I like your control panel mount...Good job all around!

Dhennon

shannondeese

I used two green stripe belts. And I did use a fan on the condenser. After reading the other posts about AC I didn't even bother to try it without an aux fan. Even without the insulation it was pretty good. It should be a lot better now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks