• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Cat yellow Detroit?!?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCN0429[1].jpgI'm just curious about this. Has anyone else ever seen a 6.2 painted Cat yellow?
I'm guessing that it could've been rebuilt at some point, and being a diesel the rebuilder used Cat paint. But with only 7,000 miles on it, a rebuild doesn't seem overly likely. If that's indeed the actual mileage.

glaser06

It doesn't look like it, but then I haven't even put this one on the lift to check things out yet.
Even if it is truly 7,000 I'd still guess it's a rebuild like ya mentioned. I've only seen about 20-30 Detroit motors but none were yellow, fwiw.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Gunzy

I have seen one and with the same mileage you have. Does this happen to be in an M1031 that is painted Black? If so I know for a fact that it is actual miles as the underside shows little to no use. I owned it atone point if it is that rig.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen maybe 20, and usually they just look like dirty engines. While I took delivery of a new Suburban with a 6.2, I can't remember what color the engine was. Black, maybe?
Ironically, the engine is about the only thing that isn't black on this one - somebody went nuts with the spray gun and sprayed everything black. Except for the engine and glass. Oh, and not all of the interior.
I can only hope that the prep work was bad and that the sun will get it back to OD green over time.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen one and with the same mileage you have. Does this happen to be in an M1031 that is painted Black? If so I know for a fact that it is actual miles as the underside shows little to no use. I owned it atone point if it is that rig.
Wow, what a small world. Yeah, this one came from Utah so it almost has to be the same one.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
024.jpg After a nice conversation with Gunzy I now know much more about this vehicle...but not why the engine is yellow.
The photo sent to me by Gunzy shows it being yellow when he bought it. Another one of life's mysteries, and one I can live with.
Thanks, Gunzy!

snowtrac nome

when I rebuild or replace an engine that is black it always gets painted. my 363 ford is now cat yellow, my cummins is ford grey, I have a few vw engines that are Chrysler blue. I always try to pick a bright color for the engine bay, because black in the dark sucks for my aging eyes. the lighter colors make it simple to id leaks before the start leaving a mark on the ground

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks