• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A couple lift issues on my M1010

DirtyDave

I bought this truck just how it is. 6" Rough country lift and 37" tires. Has the 2" add-a-leaf and 4" blocks in the back. Never been a fan of that set up and it looks like the add-a-leaf is in backwards.
I'm going change all that out in the rear with some 2" springs and 4" shackle flip.

I also noticed I'm going to need a longer drive shaft. Cant believe I drove it home from Oklahoma like this.

Front springs hit the frame when the shackle swings. Going to make longer shackles for the front.

P82A19561.jpgP82A19621.jpgP82A19611.jpgP82A19591.jpgP82A19581.jpgP82A19571.jpg

parklandtrans

I am so surprised we are not looking for a rear driveshaft, transfer case extension housing, rear transfer case half, etc etc..I can't believe it did not come apart...your lucky dude...buy a couple of lottery tickets...:)...
Bob
Parklandtrans man

Drock

WOW!! Holy botch job. Agree with earlier comments, Front bushings are worn out, and add a leaf is done wrong. But if you do the ORD shackle flip you may end up having to cut down your drive shaft, I just had to with mine. I'd do the flip before buying a drive shaft.

DirtyDave

I'm going to put a gear vendors on it after I fix all the suspension issues, so I'll need a drive shaft either way

NVRENUFF

I have the same frame and spring issues on the front. It's a new superlift 6" kit. New springs and new bushings. It's not the bushings worn out, it's the long arch of the lift springs. Getting shackles that are 1/2" longer will clear that up and only lift the front another 1/4", not enough to even notice.

Good of luck on the rear. I went with 5.5" lift blocks to keep the stock springs for hauling. Seems to still flex really well offroad too.

sweetk30

as said add-a-leaf in wrong position . NEVER let a leaf be short over the next or it will bend it and brake over time.

check for worn out upper shackle bushings on the frame for front springs . all most always dead by now in these trucks.

1/2" longer is all that's needed for front shackle length over stock . keeps stuff in good angles for caster / camber but get you better frame clearance.

flip kit and lift springs in rear sounds like good combo .

if me ditch rough country stuff . there quality has gone way down hill and there leafs for these trucks ride worse than a dump truck .

look these guys up for info / pointers / products / GREAT service . www.offroaddesign.com

I have built lots of these square bodys with there stuff.

also www.diy4x.com kirt is a good guy to deal with also . I have a bunch of his stuff also .

DirtyDave

Yes, I've been looking at ORD stuff. I'm Going to build most of it on my own. I'll update when I start getting things fixed. Truck is just a couple inches too tall to get in my shop door lol. Just bought some stock sized tires to put on it so I can pull it in and out of my shop