• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A couple of questions on new to me Veihicle

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Guys, i finally took delivery of my new to me HMMWV last monday february 14th and i have the 1st set of questions on this beast. first, it is a non runner and upon further inspection i found some hoses missing/disconnected so i will start troubleshooting that part it looks like it was previously troubleshot by the USMC and they left it just like that.
i also have some clamps/brackets lose on the underside of the vehicle by a cross member, does anyone knows what it is or what i am missing?
lastly (for now) there is a picture of the top right side of the motor (by the valve cover) there is a bracket and it looks like something is missing from there. can anyone chime in? very much appreciated guys, way to go with this vehicle.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clamp underneath was for armor that was removed and cut up.
Picture ending in 32 is where the CDR valve goes that was removed by GP. Buy a new one from Kascar etc.
Picture ending in 06, and 32, yes lots of fuel hoses removed by USMC. GP typically does not do this. Means the fuel system was giving trouble. Start from scratch there, new pump, clean the tank, new hoses end to end, reman injection pump.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clamp underneath was for armor that was removed and cut up.
Picture ending in 32 is where the CDR valve goes that was removed by GP. Buy a new one from Kascar etc.
Picture ending in 06, and 32, yes lots of fuel hoses removed by USMC. GP typically does not do this. Means the fuel system was giving trouble. Start from scratch there, new pump, clean the tank, new hoses end to end, reman injection pump.

thank for the fast response, do you recommend any specific place to buy the new fuel pump? Kscar does not have it in Stock, also any good place to rebuilt the fuel pump? or any other place to buy an already re-manufactured one? thanks again man, really appreciate it