• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A couple tire questions

peppy

I tried searching but couldn't come up with a straight answer, a local guy has some 11r20 12r20 and 14r20 michelin tires, my truck is a stock configuration m35a2.

1- what is the biggest tire that will fit on the stock wheels?

2- is it possible to run either 11r20 or 12r20 as duals on the rear?

any input is greatly appreciated

jaymcb

Deuce - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

Tires

M35A2
Stock NDT 900X20 (40.5 X 20)

M35A3
Stock 14.5R 20 (43.5 X 20)

Largest Tire on stock wheels 1100X20 (43 X 20) or 12.50R20 (40 X 20)
Largest tire with out lift 15.5 G20 or 395 85R 20 (47 X 10 X 20)... Requires 10-11 inch "singled" wheels.

1400R20 (49.5 X 20) requires a 4" inch lift and the rear axles need to be moved apart or one removed
1600R20 (52 X 20) requires a 8" lift and the rear axles need to be moved apart or one removed

oldguy

M35A3 tires and wheels

I have an A3 deuce (actually, mine is an M36A3 but the tires and wheels are the same as for the more plentiful M35A3).
My truck rides rough as **** at max speed on the highway (52 MPH) and starts getting bad at about 40 MPH. Riding behind the deuce in a chase car, I can clearly see the wheels and axles bouncing around in the rear. I am seriously thinking about installing the beads that automatically balance the tire and wheel assembly as it rolls but I have some practical concerns:
1. The A3 models have the automatic tire inflation system controlled from the driver's seat allowing the tire pressure to be made go up and down based on the traction and speed requirements. Does this in-and-out "breathing" cause a buildup of water condensate inside the tire and would this lead to the need to break the wheels down and bead blast and repaint the insides of the wheels to preserve them?
2. Does anyone know how much the tires (without the wheels) weigh; the makers of the beads say I should install 1 ounce of beads for every 13 pounds of tire weight?
3. To avoid having ceramic dust that would clog the tire valve, I am planning to use #4 lead bird shot. My thinking is that the bird shot is nice and round so it would easily roll as needed inside the tire, would not corrode inside the tire even if there is water condensate, is large enough (.130" diameter - just over 1/8") that the shot spheres would not clog the tire valve themselves. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Wayne

MRAP DREAM GIRL

I'm hoping that it is OK that I revive this and maybe another thread concerning tire questions. I have not been able to find the answer to the question of whether or not 395 r20 tires can be put on a M211.

We want our new girl to have the stoutest look she can have, as she will be another display truck for our business. I have found some nice tires locally for very reasonable prices.