• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A delayed, over due post and my move to Alaska in an M-1009

Lagers4myhead

My issues with my computer and camera appear to be over so my post begins. Some of you may have seen my post titled, "should I?" and I can now change that too, I am on the way...slowly...very slowly. My old girl "M-1009" has been towing a 6x12 trailer towards the west coast from Chincoteague...slowly. I thought that my transmission might have been having an issue as the fluid smelled and looked bad, so as soon as I got to my families place in Pittsburgh I dropped the pan and changed the filter and fluid. (see the photos below) There was some material but it turned out to be rtv gasket material that snuck into the pan when it was compressed. I tried in vane to find a deep pan in stock in a local store, but settled on just using the large transmission cooler that I had bought, by its self. (thank you to everyone who provided info and help with that, the installation was fairly easy.

Attachments

Lagers4myhead

As I said in the previous post, slow is the word as is computer issues. My computer went all :doghead: :wreckerman893: on me, so I re installed windows and after several nights on hotel wi-fi I managed to download enough updates to get my computer working again so I can get this post rolling. I have been averaging about 50mph and anywhere between 9-15.5 mpg. The old girl does not like hills/mountains but climbs them acceptably in second gear at about 40mph and with the four ways going. I consider myself a patient person but I have to say I find myself pondering a turbo and four gears when she is lumbering up the hills. So far though it has been a fun trip. It's a bit late, but I am in Montana right now and heading for somewhere just west of Billings to rest tomorrow on my way to Bellingham Wa. so if anyone has something small that needs a ride in that direction that is close to highway PM me with details and I will give you my phone number. The below photos show my girl and trailer, the veterans memorial in Bismarck Nd, and a giant cow in New Salem Nd.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks