• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Deuce with some questions.

Somemedic

I dont think Id be using a 3 color woodland cover. Id just touch up that paint and put on a desert or solid green cover. That particular camo scheme is very cool.

bigelk50

Good looking truck! About time You got one!! Like I said. Paint is nothing. Let me know when you get ready to do it. What other parts do you need?

jollyroger

After reviewing the photos I agree that the pipes seem to be too evenly spaced to be a repair. They seem to have an intended purpose. I like the latrine outlet pipe theory. Seriously though it would be interesting to know what the "field instalation" was.

srodocker

Good looking truck! About time You got one!! Like I said. Paint is nothing. Let me know when you get ready to do it. What other parts do you need?
no parts besides a sandblasting fix any rust that there is...figure out if i want to weld over the pipe holes and make it smooth then paint it woodland or 383 green. i already have the lenses on the way *thanks od coyote!* and some DOT 5 fluid for brakes...you down for a rally on the 30th?

also arron we can push it back a week if you want. im just trying to figure out a day where we can all meet up

bigelk50

That is good. Sounds like a solid truck then. If it has many layers of paint, you will be doing alot of sandblasting to make it all look good where you work on it. Or you just make it solid and feather it in. Some people are different about that. Pretty sure that I will be working on the 30th. Been on 7 days a week for a few weeks now and will be for a few months. When I am done with that busy schedule, the weather will be nice and I will be ready to drive up and meet ya guys for a weekend. Let me know if you need anything. You have stuff to fix your seats? If not I think I do.

srodocker

I dont have anything for seats yet..was thinking about getting vinyl from a fabric store and stapling it on for now. what do you have? i also have a canvas shelter halve i might cut up to redo the seats not sure tho

bigelk50

I have 2 sets of spare seats. I think between the 2 we could make ya a good one. Will have to see. Went and looked at a truck today though. I do not remember what the seats looked like though. I think we are going to buy it though. I will let ya know what I come up with though.

Jinx

I dont have anything for seats yet..was thinking about getting vinyl from a fabric store and stapling it on for now. what do you have? i also have a canvas shelter halve i might cut up to redo the seats not sure tho
I also have a lower driver's side seat cushion I could bring to the meet up. You can have it if it works for you. The canvas is a little faded, but there are no tears.

Jinx

I met the Tenino guy once when looking to buy a deuce. My car barely got to his house. He has one of those roads that requires a deuce to get to. lol He's a very knowledgeable guy. The truck I looked at was in great shape and I would have bought it, but I was low on cash.

srodocker

hehe you must have gone when it was raining cause it wasnt to bad but i can see how his road could get worse.

year of truck...i have to go back on saturday and check he said it was a 70 or 71. gota get the vin and stuff from it :)

wsucougarx

If its a 1971 then it's more than likely a General Products Division truck. If it's a 1970 then probably a Kaiser-Jeep truck...just an FYI:)
Looking at the truck, I am leaning towards a 1971 GPD truck

Last edited: