• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Father's Day I'll always remember.

renodogs

mama_deuce.JPGSA400007.JPGSA400003.JPGSA400005.JPGSA400009.JPGSA400018.JPG

So here's the deal: I just bought my first Deuce. It's been refurbed at Tooele Army Depot, Utah in 1992. She's got a nice heater, Power Steering (YEA!), 'D' turbo, clutch feels great, brakes are good, and she's got 23,000+ on the odometer dressed in CARC paint. She was a Nevada National Guard truck, and there no rust whatsoever. Tires are good and she fires right up!

It's Father's day weekend and I'm spending time with the kids. They've noticed Dad is giddy. :mrgreen:

As soon as the paperwork clears (two weeks, I think), I have a short 50 mile recovery trip and I'll be parking her in the shop.

I will whip out the pinstripe brush and draw "Mama Deuce" on her hood. Obviously a play on words for "Ma Deuce" :-D.
I'm patiently waiting for the day I get to drive her home. :jumpin: Yup, I'm like a Stick Pony Cowboy riding in circles slapping my side, whooping it up.

Anybody else get that excited about their first MV?

3dAngus

Oh yeah! I will always remember my first love. Exciting times!

My top tore up front like yours on my way to a Ga. rally. I found that a high quality duct tape works wonders.
Cross stitch it and use multiple layers and you should make it to the house ok. It's no fun when it rips apart going down the highway.

renodogs

Recovry- good eye.

No sweat, got an industrial sewing machine that can handle that problem. That's pretty typical for sitting in the Nevada sun.

And thank you, Happy Father's Day to you too.

SF

Dave

renodogs

Oh yeah! I will always remember my first love. Exciting times!

My top tore up front like yours on my way to a Ga. rally. I found that a high quality duct tape works wonders.
Cross stitch it and use multiple layers and you should make it to the house ok. It's no fun when it rips apart going down the highway.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'll just remove the whole top before I head out. It's only 50 clicks to my hooch. I'll just put my 50 sunblock on and get with it.

FloridaAKM

Happy Fathers Day & really nice truck.

I wonder why your gauges, oil, air pressure, fuel etc are in different locations than normal?

Enjoy the truck & all the fun times you will have with it!

renodogs

Okay folks, I brought 'Mama Deuce' home and I am very happy to be finally driving around. She's got some bruises to work out here and there, but overall, she's nice, and she's mine. Someone mentioned the location of the gauges on the dash- she's been refurbed at Tooele, Utah in 92, so perhaps they re-arranged them there? I don't know, I don't have another m35 around to compare it to. It doesn't matter, they work fine as such. I'm not that nick picky. I do have to yank the hood off, some dork left the hood latches off and the hood flew up, bending it. No sweat, gonna take it off and use the mark 5 eyeball and my 10D combat boots to pop it back into shape. Gotta love military paint to cover up dents and what not.

So the youngest boy and I took it out on Independence Day for a shake down cruise which you can view here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_OZCgT9uM&feature=youtu.be

And later that day, not having enough fun driving it around, the wife and i drove it to downtown Reno. On our way up Virginia Street, what do we see but another Deuce heading the opposite way! Air horns were blazing don't you know! That was pretty cool actually! I think he was as surprised to see another one as we were.

FloridaAKM

I left my hood hooks off one afternoon & on the way to work the next morning; the hood started bouncing up. Getting stopped in time on a country road, saved the hood, so the hooks could be latched. The walkaround inspection pays off in lessing the damage in a opps moment!

renodogs

I left my hood hooks off one afternoon & on the way to work the next morning; the hood started bouncing up. Getting stopped in time on a country road, saved the hood, so the hooks could be latched. The walk around inspection pays off in lessening the damage in a oops moment!

Yes it does! In all of the hundreds of times I have driven MV's, I have never left the hood hooks off which is directly attributable to the walk around inspection. When i got my operators license, one thing I took serious was operator's inspections. Others didn't and they paid the price.

There's nothing worse than a hood flying open on you at high speed. Except when you're on a motorcycle and a hornet gets in your helmet. Now that's an emergency! But that's a whole 'nother thread!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on your truck and even more on spending some quality time with your son!! They tend to go together, if we let them. Hope ya have tons of adventures with them both!!

God bless,
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks