• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A few pics from this week of my ride

kstate90

Here are a few pics from this week of my ride. It is a 1970 AM General 5ton 6x6 that we converted to a heavy brush truck. It is one heck of a truck. In the last 3 weeks we have fought 16 grass fires in our district which covers about 350 square miles in Clay, Cloud and Ottawa Counties in North Central, KS and it has been to 8 of them. Four of them were large fire incidents over 300 acres. The fire in the pictures burned around 800 acres and was on some pretty severe terrain. The hill is known as Diptheria Hill in Clay County, KS. Google it and it is kind of some interesting reading. We have three of these trucks and use the heck out of them. I only got mine stuck once trying to help get another stuck truck out. Just after these pictures were taken I had to pull the International truck out as we were leaving the fire it hit a boggy spot and sank. We hooked two 20' sections of 1/2 chain on and pulled it out. This truck carries 1200 gallons of water, a 1500 gallon dump tank, and equipment.

Attachments

kstate90

Thanks guys. We have three 800 series trucks that we have converted. Truck 308 is stationed at my house. I wanted to get a picture of all three trucks but the only time we had all three together on the same fires was at night. We have had these trucks for probably close to 4 years now. After this year they made believers out of alot of guys that thought they weren't that good of truck. After they watched them crawl up the hills and cross ditches that the other trucks couldn't cross and put out alot of fire they started to respect them more. Thanks to Steel Soldiers for the maintenance help that I got the last month. This site is very helpful.

FMFDOC

:shock: Diphtheria Hill is haunted! haunted places in Clay Center, Kansas - Hauntin.gs - Hauntings - Ghost Stories - Haunted Places - Haunted Locations - Paranormal Social Network :shock:

"History:
Clay Center, Kansas was established in 1875. It is the county seat of Clay County.
According to the Central Oklahoma Paranormal Studies research on Diphtheria Hill, victims of diphtheria were carried to the top of this hill because residents of the nearby community were afraid that the dead might contaminate the water supply. Sadly, some of the victims were rumored to have been buried alive.
Paranormal Reports:
Reports of disembodied voices of children and disembodied crying sounds. Also reports of feelings of uneasiness, strange light phenomena recording on film, and orbs."

Haunt in Diphtheria Hill Clay Center, Ks 67432 Clay Center, KANSAS Clay Haunt

"There is an old cemetery on a hill west of Clay Center across the Republican River Bridge. Local lore is that people with diphtheria were buried alive on this hill. If you go out there and listen real carefully, you can hear babies crying and children playing."