• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A few pics of my 936A2 wrecker

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had it towed to my driveway, tow operator was apparently afraid to take it all the way down my other driveway so dropped it another part. Jumped it with my M1009, started pretty good for our frigid temps. PPV is stuck, tried using a heat gun on it, still frozen. Front winch control is stuck all the way toward the rear, is this a bad sign? Anybody have a clue what's wrong? Fuel gauge not working set on either tank, the storage compartments under the passenger door and both sides are EMPTY :( Theres so much snow on the bed, is there another compartment up there somewhere? The tranny has clean dexron in it. The front bracket to retain the hood up is twisted, when I tried to straighten it with a crowbar, it snapped the 1/4 inch bolts. Anybody know where I can get a new one/takeoff as i can't figure out how to twist it back enough with a press? CTIS shows no lights, no cycling and the overspeed warning light is on continuously. Haven't tried the hoist or winches yet.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Holy moly that looks cold.

Your wrecker looks nifty.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 2 large lockers on the back bed behind the cab, any goodies in there?
They're covered by snow, so I know the tower didn't loot them then :) Thanks, I wasn't sure there was any more storage. Looks like I have a project in the -temps tomorrow. Hopefully I end up with something, other than one shackle in the cab.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am excited for you! It's fun to find stuff, good luck.
Thanks buddy, just got a shovel and got all the snow off. I got a big fat goose egg for anything. :( My top is ripped at the front from all the snow on the cover. Any idea what the BII kit will cost me? I don't even have the spades for winching the Army/NG stripped this one clean.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you preview the truck before? Were there tools in the bins before the close of the auction?
No I got it in the blind. But I know the two bins behind the cab had nothing in them, there was 2 feet of snow I had to get off them to open them up. Looks like once again the Army/NG stripped it before auction. Guess I shouldn't complain, just over 6K for a running truck is still a deal to me. :)

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck, don't over look that it has the front vise and convoy lights. The rest of the BII can be pieced together, spades are neat to have but do you really need them? The truck weighs 36K lbs. What do you plan on yanking? I've got a M936 shipping next week, it needs all the goodies also.
JC

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck, don't over look that it has the front vise and convoy lights. The rest of the BII can be pieced together, spades are neat to have but do you really need them? The truck weighs 36K lbs. What do you plan on yanking? I've got a M936 shipping next week, it needs all the goodies also.
JC
True and it runs and drives, at least in reverse and 1rst gear in my driveway. True, I will be using it around the house whenever i find stuff to lift and play around with. Recover my other 5 tons/deuce if they break down around town. I don't need the spades.(well never say never). Where'd you get yours from? Got a link? Yeah you're right. I'll just go down the list and grab stuff as I see fit. I sent TNJ Murray an email asking what the BII would cost. John sent back an email " A LOT" call me, that doesn't sound good to my wallet :) BTW if you have a bunch of toys, best price on ether canisters in bulk is to buy them from Quick Start the manufacturer. They are $20.60 a piece and shipping hazmat is $27 or so for 1-12 0r 24 case, best to buy in bulk. I bought 4, much better than $45 a piece at Oreilly's/Napa ect.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patriot,
My unit was one of two out of Warner Robins a couple of weeks ago. Should ship from D. Morgan's place this Thur. My plans are similar to yours; lift and fix stuff around the farm, first job is to pull some cut white oaks out of the woods for lumber to build a truck shed. I have an extra tow bar that will be put on board. I'll peice the rest of the BII when available. John at TNJ has a lot of stuff, good folks, however their prices are high retail.
Having trouble loading pitures right now, upgrades to the pc jacked it up.
Have fun
JC

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks JC Hope yours turns out to be nice with no problems getting it home. When you get a chance feel free to post some pics in this thread, I love wreckers! Can't believe I got one! Yeah I agree John and his crew are great in finding what you need, they are spendy on a lot of their stuff but sometimes you find bargains.