• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A few pics of my M1009 with camo netting

CDN-CUCV

It thought this would be a good summertime top for my truck. Works well, even at highway speeds, stays cool in the day too with the heat we've been having up here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wrench Wench

Love the fire axe and shovel on the front grille. Are there any provisions there for theft prevention? What all is packed in the back? Full BOB kit? Is it entirely save to store a gerry can of fuel on the rear bumper? I'd love to see an illustrated load out list for that rig.

Mt Doom Field Owner

Very cool rig! I should think even an idiot of a thief would think twice before stealing those tools off a truck that appears to be "ARMED for COMBAT"... besides, tools are for doing work with and no common thief will be looking at doing any work so I'd say they are safe.

CDN-CUCV

I live in a relatively small town where everyone knows me and my family. They also know that we are the last people in town to steal from. That being said, there is not much in the way of theft prevention, basically some locks. Really though, everything is green and wouldn't be too hard to recover.

Plus, I take my dog with me and he stays in the truck when I go inside somewhere. People tend to stay away from 90lbs. of brindle-coat pitbull:wink:

In the boxes I carry recovery gear, food, stove, fuel, sleeping gear, fluids for the truck, tools, universal joints(a must), and alot of other goodies since I like to get up in the mountains alot. It's pretty much a self-sufficient unit, 20L of water, extra fuel, etc., etc....

My brother gave me five 95% BFG Mud Terrains, so a four inch lift is next and a humvee spare tire carrier. good times.

3dubs

Looks great. But remember a theif takes things he can sell. Tools are always easy to sell. But they make locks for the jack and something for axe and shovel would not be hard to figure out. But getting out in your winter can be dangerous by itself if you are not prepared. I see you are very aware of that. I think theives would be low on my list of worries up there. Down here everything better be locked down tight.

CDN-CUCV

Looks great. But remember a theif takes things he can sell. Tools are always easy to sell. But they make locks for the jack and something for axe and shovel would not be hard to figure out. But getting out in your winter can be dangerous by itself if you are not prepared. I see you are very aware of that. I think theives would be low on my list of worries up there. Down here everything better be locked down tight.
I'm aware of what thieves motivations are for taking things but I'm not too concerned about that, plus most of what is on my truck has locks on it already. As far as winter? haha, I live on Vancouver Island, what winter? It's getting more like Hawaii all the time!:)

Around here, with the history of logging, we have hundreds of miles of logging roads everywhere. Some are good and some are deactivated and in very bad shape. It pays to have everything you would need to take care of any situation that may come up, so I carry what I need. I guess it's that ol' boy scouts motto rubbing off on me.;-)

3dubs

Figured it had some kind of lock. I did not know the island did not get the same winters. But I have been stuck way out and had to hike out. It sucked! But I needed two trucks to get me out. Four wheel drive means I get stuck real good:roll: If you need help getting really stuck let me know:-D

CDN-CUCV

Figured it had some kind of lock. I did not know the island did not get the same winters. But I have been stuck way out and had to hike out. It sucked! But I needed two trucks to get me out. Four wheel drive means I get stuck real good:roll: If you need help getting really stuck let me know:-D
haha! I've been lucky so far with my rig not getting too stuck. I guess I'm not wheelin' hard enough.:wink:

I though my bob'd M135 project would make a sweet 'deep woods' recovery for those situations. They seem to happen alot around here. A friend had his truck stuck on the mountain all winter and it became a snowmobile jump:roll: Didn't look too good when we went to get it out.