• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A few questions for a newbie builder

Checkmate

Physically impossible without modification.

That being said, I know that you can throw duel 395/85R20s on a 5-ton with a mod.

Someone more knowledgable please correct me if i am wrong:
The deuce frame, suspension and axles would need serious modifications to run properly with 10 395/85R20s. You would need to lengthen the axle in order to achieve the necessary spacing to run the duel super-singles, the frame may need to be narrowed so the tires will fit under the vehicle and you will probably need to fabricate a lift kit for the tandems just to get clearance between the tires and bed when the suspension articulates.

This website http://www.militarytires.com has the dimensions of most tire sizes used by the military.

You can run 10 11.00R20s or 6 395/85R20s. If you are looking for a vehicle that can utilize 10 395/85r20s then you need a 5-ton... tractor configuration would be best IMHO so you don't have to worry about suspension travel and the bottom of the bed.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it is possible with modified stock wheels. You need to widen the wheels (deepen the already deep-dish) by about 4-5 inches and flip the hubs.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
6 395s are more than enough....the weight rating on those exceeds anything the Deuce is capable of hauling. I have a hard enough time with the 6 395s on my truck; I couldn't imagine someone putting dual 395s on the rear.

How about this: try steering your Deuce with singled 395s and let me know how that works for you...it's quite a chore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks