• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A few simple questions

Rebar

Am enjoying my recently acquired M35A3 (GL). A few basic questions. I have searched and not found applicable threads but I admit I am lousy at searches. I am not offended if you can refer me to a good thread on subject.

The drive shaft to the front wheels turns all the time when I am driving, even when not in 6-wheel drive. I am hoping that this is normal and that the switch works at the front axle diff. Just making sure that I am not tooling around in 6 wheel drive.

When I look at the truck from the front, it is tilted slightly to the left. Back looks normal. What part of my suspension is likely to blame?

Where can I get paint to touch up?

Thanks. I love this site.

Rebar

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am enjoying my recently acquired M35A3 (GL). A few basic questions. I have searched and not found applicable threads but I admit I am lousy at searches. I am not offended if you can refer me to a good thread on subject.

The drive shaft to the front wheels turns all the time when I am driving, even when not in 6-wheel drive. I am hoping that this is normal and that the switch works at the front axle diff. Just making sure that I am not tooling around in 6 wheel drive.

When I look at the truck from the front, it is tilted slightly to the left. Back looks normal. What part of my suspension is likely to blame?

Where can I get paint to touch up?

Thanks. I love this site.

Rebar
It is normal unless you have lock-out hubs , the axels are splined to the hub . If the axel turns it turns the drive shaft .

SSG ALBANESE

I buy paint from auto zone but if you need bulk go to walmart, cans are about 1.50 less per unit. Auto zone gives you reward points for every time you come in and spend 20 bucks or more, on your 5th point you get 20 dollar "gift" to spend feverishly. I am 5 dollars short from 20 I grab a can of od green.

I like to buy my brown and flat black at orchard supply.

This is the easiest paint but if you want to do the real deal you may need a booth so no body complains.

By the way anything you replace or fix clean the area and shoot with some matching paint, keeps corrosion away and by the time you are done fixing and replacing your truck will have all new paint lol.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was guessing your passenger wasn't looking out for the little hump on that side to warn you....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks