• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Fool and His Money are Soon Parted

NewWheeler

All,
Thanks for the input. I was thinking that I'd made a pretty good deal but I've heard hippiedude's quote a couple hundred times in the past two weeks.
I had been watching GL for several months and saw some really nice trucks come and go. I saw this one in Texarkana (which should only be about 4 hours drive at Deuce speed) and thought it might be from that late 80s contract with the dual brakes. I was hoping to find one cheap but they seem to have been going for more than I wanted to spend. On the last day of the auction the high bid was only $800 for this truck when a bunch of other trucks across the country were at 4 times that. I was nervous about bidding because I didn't know if everyone else had overlooked it or if everyone else knew something I didn't. The odds of the latter being the greatest. Despite the odds, I put in an auto bid for $1775 (the Marines will appreciate that number) and went for a run. When I got back I realized I had won the auction and then I really got excited.
I'm still a little reserved though because I haven't actually seen it yet but if it is a runner with the dual brakes I'll be pretty happy.
Now to figure out how to title it, get it insured and find a place to keep it. Winning the bid was the easy part.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems as it is missing the dataplate with the SN on it....... Should have the Sn on the frame rail though. should start with 1040-

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks