• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A fun find

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a 5kw powerplant at auction recently. It was obvious that the unit had never seen service. Both generators had no hours and all the MFG dates matched up between the generators and the trailer.

The fun part was opening the tool box. It still had a lead seal on it. @DavidPoz was taking one of the generators home with him so we decided to pop the seal and see what was inside the box. Come to find out there was a packing list and the contents were complete. It included a fuel adapter for a Jerrycan/Drum. SCORE!!

Both genrators had all their accessories included with them as well. Amazing.

Anyone else find some unexpected gems included with their auction purchases?

A few photos for your enjoyment.

2023-02-20 16.37.40 (Large).jpg2023-02-20 16.37.37 (Large).jpg

Evidence for sure that the unit had never been away from storage was the fact that the cover plate for the forward generator was still wedged under the power cable.

2023-02-11 14.04.56 (Large).jpg

2023-02-19 12.16.25 (Large).jpg2023-02-20 12.49.14 (Large).jpg2023-02-20 12.52.13.jpg

Ray70

You have no idea how many sledge hammers, ground rod pullers, ground rods and aux. fuel hoses I had lying around here.
I ended up scrapping a bunch of the rod pullers because it just wasn't worth trying to sell or ship them.
Gave away probably 10 sledge hammers.
Occasionally I'd find a printed TM inside them,
Strangest thing I ever found was a clear plastic bag, twist tied shut, full of about 5 pounds of pink desert sand stuck inside the control panel of an 803 that had come back from Kuwait.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have no idea how many sledge hammers, ground rod pullers, ground rods and aux. fuel hoses I had lying around here.
I ended up scrapping a bunch of the rod pullers because it just wasn't worth trying to sell or ship them.
Gave away probably 10 sledge hammers.
Occasionally I'd find a printed TM inside them,
Strangest thing I ever found was a clear plastic bag, twist tied shut, full of about 5 pounds of pink desert sand stuck inside the control panel of an 803 that had come back from Kuwait.
No local tweakers you could have sold that to as Iraqi Space Dust? ;)

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you take any pictures of the aux fuel line and its connection? I am a visual guy and would like to see what I might be trying to hunt down. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks