• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little advice/help needed...

ojsdna744

I just bought a M101A2 from GL, it's a beautiful trailer. The only issues are dry-rotted tires and the master cylinder cap has taken a hard hit somewhere along the way. Where can I find a master cylinder cap for it? I have tried the search function, but I seem to be search-retarded. Anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe post a link for me? Saturn Surplus isn't open until monday, but I was looking for another route in case they can't help.

Thanks!!

KaiserM109

I bought a scrapped out M101 a year ago. It was missing both wheels and tires and 1 brake drum as well as the tongue assembly.

I cut off the military hubs and replaced them with front hubs from a '75 Ford Bronco (full floating hubs) so that I would have the same tires as the vehicle towing it. That reduced its weight capacity, I'm sure, but it sure made a nice trailer.

I am guessing that the part you are looking for is on the surge brake assembly, which I don’t have, but if you or anybody else are looking for anything off of the brake backing plates PM me. They are in new condition. I would bet that the part you are looking for is interchangeable with civilian equipment and a good trailer repair place could help.

I’ll bet you are another victim of a GL forklift. Two of my M105s were damaged by forklifts.

Last edited: