• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little advice/help needed...

ojsdna744

I just bought a M101A2 from GL, it's a beautiful trailer. The only issues are dry-rotted tires and the master cylinder cap has taken a hard hit somewhere along the way. Where can I find a master cylinder cap for it? I have tried the search function, but I seem to be search-retarded. Anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe post a link for me? Saturn Surplus isn't open until monday, but I was looking for another route in case they can't help.

Thanks!!

KaiserM109

I bought a scrapped out M101 a year ago. It was missing both wheels and tires and 1 brake drum as well as the tongue assembly.

I cut off the military hubs and replaced them with front hubs from a '75 Ford Bronco (full floating hubs) so that I would have the same tires as the vehicle towing it. That reduced its weight capacity, I'm sure, but it sure made a nice trailer.

I am guessing that the part you are looking for is on the surge brake assembly, which I don’t have, but if you or anybody else are looking for anything off of the brake backing plates PM me. They are in new condition. I would bet that the part you are looking for is interchangeable with civilian equipment and a good trailer repair place could help.

I’ll bet you are another victim of a GL forklift. Two of my M105s were damaged by forklifts.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks