• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little advice please,.....

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Ok,.. so I have been having some fun with my Deuce since I got it but hey,... who wouldn't right?

Ever since I have had it I have not been able to undo the cap on the battery jumper port.

I have soaked it in penetrating oil etc but cannot get it undone.

I do not want to apply enough force to it with my multi grips that I damage and deform the cap.

I think the only option I haven't tried yet is the application of direct heat,....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Aussie.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a strap wrench? Does less damage but can still apply decent rotational force. Also, tap around circumference of cap, close to edge with hammer several times. Apply penetrating oil, repeat, wait try again...........

Let us know how it goes.....photos might help with more specific info

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The older two prong slave receptacle cover is threaded, lefty losey, then it pivots out of the way. To much heat may melt the weather seal or damage the insulator. Wrap it in tape and put a pair of channel locks on it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The older two prong slave receptacle cover is threaded, lefty losey, then it pivots out of the way. To much heat may melt the weather seal or damage the insulator. Wrap it in tape and put a pair of channel locks on it.
My MTV has threaded and some of the Humvee have threaded if I remember right. Maybe low heat from a hair dryer?

DavidWymore

Yes, low heat should help draw in the penetrating oil. Then lots of light tapping and a strap wrench. Patience.

This reminds me, I need a slave cable...

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Yes its the screw on type.

I've tapped around the edges to try and move it also.

I'll continue with penetrating oil and add some heat next time.

I've got a set of new jumper cables for it with NATO adaptors just in case.

Aussie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks