• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little bit of wiring and the battery issues are fixed

GYs_M998

I am posting this to assist anyone that may be looking for a solution to batteries draining and chargers being a pain.

I installed an onboard battery charger/maintainer.
IMG_4932.jpeg
it is a NOCO GenPro 10x2. It is designed for boats but works great in this application. it has two separate 5 amp [*edit* 2 10amp] circuits for charging and maintaining your batteries. Hooked up one to each battery and installed a pass-through 110v outlet.

With this setup, I installed a battery cutoff switch between the two batteries.

Most of the components are installed under the right rear seat. Within the same compartment I placed a 24v positive buss bar, a negative buss bar, a 24v to 12v step down, and a pulse tech distribution/fuse box for 12v and 24v accessories.
IMG_4931.jpeg
for the buss bars, I ran 0ga wire from the batteries to the bars. This setup allows for adequate terminals for adding accessories, and is all neatly contained under the seat. The only indication that something is under the seat is that the wires for the battery charger are run out the front. In hindsight, I wish I had routed those the in same manner I did the 0ga battery cables.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply or shoot me a DM.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gen 10X2 should be 2 10 amp circuits (they list it as a 20 amp charger). The 5X2 is dual 5 amps (it's what I have in my rig, works awesome for a couple years now)

GYs_M998

Gen 10X2 should be 2 10 amp circuits (they list it as a 20 amp charger). The 5X2 is dual 5 amps (it's what I have in my rig, works awesome for a couple years now)
You are absolutely right. That was a typo on my part. I knew it was total amperage split between the two circuits, so divided the 10 instead of using the 10. Good catch!

I can’t say enough good things about this charger. The thing is awesome.