• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little ctis advice while recovering please!

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what's happening, thanks. Can I run it to the overdosed light or just below?!IMG_20201003_181336926.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made it home fine but after a spay bottle of soap and all the leaks fixed. I found the check valve on the front of the wet tank is making a noise and vibrating every second or so when truck is off and eventually makes a whiny sqeaky sound. Does this sound like a bad check or a leaky Ctis or airbrake diaphragm?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I made it home fine but after a spay bottle of soap and all the leaks fixed. I found the check valve on the front of the wet tank is making a noise and vibrating every second or so when truck is off and eventually makes a whiny sqeaky sound. Does this sound like a bad check or a leaky Ctis or airbrake diaphragm?

Bad check valve they honk. Shouldn't do that.

. Leak is on the wet tank or pressure protection. Put a gauge on the wet tank drain. Fill with air. Close both valves. If it drops air pressure Down to 60psi but then holds pressure after that then you have a pressure protection side leak. If it doesn't stop looking at gladhands for emergency side.

Pressure protection side is horn. All dash stuff like wipers. Air governor. Transfer case air stuff

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks the service gladhand on the front had a leaky valve that I had to replace put new o-rings in but couldn't get it to seal.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thanks the service gladhand on the front had a leaky valve that I had to replace put new o-rings in but couldn't get it to seal.

If its venting air then you have a bad inversion valve in the step box or treadle valve

Only should vent with brakes applied

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When pulling the emergency brake should I hear a honk and air coming from the intake stack?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When pulling the emergency brake should I hear a honk and air coming from the intake stack?

When applying the parking brake lever , it also dumps the air from the springbrakes. This is what you're hearing.

Unlike a deuce, the 939series 5tons primarily use the springbrakes as the parking brake.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are aware that the front service gladhand is supposed to vent, and that removing that vent will cause the brakes to grab?
The red with the valve on the driver's side was the one leaking from the valve. The blue on passenger side has no valve and vents. Correct?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The red with the valve on the driver's side was the one leaking from the valve. The blue on passenger side has no valve and vents. Correct?

Passenger front, or Blue, shouldn't have a valve. If it does then it should be open all the time. It should have a blank gladhand cover with a vent. Make sure the vent is operational. They can get clogged.

Driver front, or Red, should have a valve that stays closed. It should have a blank gladhand cover with no vent.

I specify driver and passenger because I've seen pictures of 2 different auction trucks where the gladhands were painted backwards.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the valve leaking through or is it leaking around the stem? Some of the valves have a packing nut that can be tightened if it leaking around the stem, but others are non-servicable. If it's leaking through, and the gladhand gasket is in good shape, that blank cover should seal the leak until you can get a new valve.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the valve leaking through or is it leaking around the stem? Some of the valves have a packing nut that can be tightened if it leaking around the stem, but others are non-servicable. If it's leaking through, and the gladhand gasket is in good shape, that blank cover should seal the leak until you can get a new valve.
Replaced the valve with a regular brass ball valve. Tried to put new o-rings in the original but I couldn't get it to seal. Now I'm just chasing to see where my CTIS is leaking. Primary tank stops at 100 secondary 125+ and CTIS single blinking on highway never engages.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CTIS on highway, or anything else blinks for about 15 min or so then just switches to five blinking lights. The troubleshooting guide says faulty component at five blinking lights. How do you figure out which component? Thanks

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
and then hire Simp 5782 to fix it for You and explain things to you
If I could find the cable to hook up diagnostic and get the code it would be easier. I would love to keep the Ctis but if I can't figure it out I'll just unplug and delete it.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found my issue. The sensor on the front of wet tank was JB welded on. Once I jumpered the switch. Air started flowing and found a leak on the outside of driver side steer tire I'll have to take cover off to find why it's blowing air. But making headway. Anyone got a new old stock switch or one that works? Found some on that auction site but I'm not sure it's what I need. I think they are for the PCU not the one on the air tank because plug is different.IMG_20201014_193350889.jpg

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks