• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A nubbie needs help

two.fiveM35

Congrats. I'm sure you came out ahead $$$. Did you buy one of those for sale from a SS member? Which
one did you get, m109a3 or m35a2?

What was the item# of the one you had at Ft. Hood?

Last edited:

rickf

What are you going to do with the one you won at Ft. Hood? You can't just walk away from it. Well you can but you won't get your money back.

Rick

olivestump

Ok i got a M35a2 from a member in Florida. Recovery 4x4 (Great experience)
Thanks for the correct spelling, Never a strong suit.
Haven't settled the fort hood issue, willing to lose the 25% if i have to but the gave me some incorrect info so i am hoping for a happier resolution.

Started scraping and sanding rust today what a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rickf

If you bought it through G/L and did not preview it then it does not matter if the information was right or wrong. you bought it, period. You may have to pay the penalty or you could lose the whole amount as an abandonment. You may want to get that straight real quick! Do NOT assume you will just pay 25%, they have the option to keep it all.

Rick

rickf

See this thread, This guy was lucky but his circumstances were totally different. You just decided you don't want it. That is not going to fly with them. That is how any auction works, once you win the bid it is yours. If you do not pick it up within the allotted time it will be resold and you forfeit the property AND the money. That is spelled out in the agreement you sign when you agree to bid.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/genera...ned-vehicle-issue-government-liquidators.html

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Rick, has the EUC cleared yet? There is always the chance of selling it to a local guy if you haven't passed the pickup date yet.

rickf

That is what I am trying to get across to him, he better get it straightened out with what he is going to do with it because apparently he already won it. It is his. I guess you might be able to cancel before the EUC goes through but I would bet that will screw you for any future sales. They will most likely cancel your account altogether.

Rick

olivestump

ecu has issues that they want me to correct. so i haven't done anything yet, awaiting to hear from the claim. not worried about losing account i can get around that.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd start putting the feelers out around TX to see if anyone can check it out or maybe wants to buy it for near what you paid.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ecu has issues that they want me to correct. so i haven't done anything yet, awaiting to hear from the claim. not worried about losing account i can get around that.
How long has it been since they asked for corrections? It may already be too late.

You will get hit with the 25% default fee. They can, per their terms you agreed to when you bid, keep the total amount.

On a ethical note, you really should follow through with the sale if at all possible. You signed a contract saying you'd honor your end of the deal. I'd be a little upset if I was the one bidding against you on the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks