• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A obvious question that i can't find the answer to.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can find the answer if you want to but you can't be bothered to look for it according to your statement

BnaditCorps

You can find the answer if you want to but you can't be bothered to look for it according to your statement

If you had read the full post I was busy dealing with, and I quote "I have to go deal with trick-or-treaters."

Now though I am done, i was hoping someone could help me while i was busy, but i guess not.

also I can't seem to find the TM's on them, kind of hard to look for something in a thing you can find. All i could find is the MK 48 TM's.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a useless thread this is.

KsM715

It is now that he edited out the question.

Sure hope I don't have the same question in the future and come here to search for an answer

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do all four front wheels turn? Yes. Do they all turn at the exact same angle? No. I doubt this is discussed in the TMs as it is part of the core engineering of the truck and is not adjustable.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Evidence suggests . . . Clearly they both turn. Just as clearly they don't turn at the same rate. Some thought would make it obvious that if the didn't both turn that it would result in serious sideways force on the 2nd set, and that if they turned at the same rate that would also produce serious sideways forces. That's why I suggested reading about Ackerman compensation.

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Do all four front wheels turn? Yes. Do they all turn at the exact same angle? No. I doubt this is discussed in the TMs as it is part of the core engineering of the truck and is not adjustable.
Finally!! An intelligent answer from someone who actually knows instead of some "useless" dribble. Thank You Sir.:beer:

BnaditCorps

Evidence suggests . . . Clearly they both turn. Just as clearly they don't turn at the same rate. Some thought would make it obvious that if the didn't both turn that it would result in serious sideways force on the 2nd set, and that if they turned at the same rate that would also produce serious sideways forces. That's why I suggested reading about Ackerman compensation.
If you read further on the page you found that picture on you will see that truck has a broken steering linkage. I think you are right though. I doubt they turn at the same rate, but they do turn together.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just thinking that if someone just didn't want to read the TM's, then all they'd have to do is a GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH. And then they could look at thousands of purty pictures. Just imagine, if each picture is worth a thousand words...... But alas, I dream.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks