• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A paint job, at home.

pdstout

I need to find a site that has the proper marking for the hood and bumper. I would like to do a 101st AB. What would be the correct font and numbers.
Thanks, P. Stout

pdstout

I used a wire brush on a drill. This truck was the best of the 3, for not having much rust to remove. The next truck I will paint will be a real JOB! It is loaded with rust. I will post pitcures.
P. Stout

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I give you an "A" for effort, but please wear a dust mask if nothing else when spraying.

As much as you might attempt staying down wind from the spray you will breath some of the solvents and the paint solids into your lungs.
I would second this advice, as I have a personnal story with said solvents. I was painting my old school bus one day, then went to clean the gun. I wound up breathing a large amount of paint thinner fumes. My throut just about closed up. I had chemical burns from my mouth to where my Trachea splits to go to each lung. Very scary. I wear the respirator the entire time I'm working with stuff now, before I just wore it while painting.

On a better note, That truck looks great! I'm getting ready to paint my M109. I think I will go with a greener OD than what you are using. I like the semi-gloss

hole

Looks great ! Spray gun is the way to go, much easier on the finger . I painted my 105 last saturday with rattle cans and I'm finally getting some feeling back in my index finger this morning :roll:

Sevensteps

Nice!

That's the exact look I want for my deuce...I have my first one waiting for my EUC in Battle Creek to clear. The truck is in Frankfort KY.

You are close to me too.... I am in Crossville...I'd like to pay you to do my truck the exact same way if you are interested.

Let me know what you think.