• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A pillar light question

llong66

Hello all! I recently got an A pillar spot for my truck. The directions are missing the templates for placement of the bracket. I looked on Y tube and found that plaement of the light as faar s up and down is more of a matter of convenience, however, I am worried that as far as "in and out" could be more of a matter of getting in the way of the window going up and down. Has any one installed one of these and have a copy of the template or can give me a measurement from the outside edge of the window to the enge of the bracket on the outside of the window? It is a unity light and if nothing else I will try calling them and see if I can get a copy of that one page of the instructions.
Thanks much!

Greg

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've installed several Unity spot lights on these GM A-pillars, but it's been a while.
They sit fairly low, as you've noticed, but can't picture how you could get one to interfere with the window going up and down.
I may still have a light in the box (with a template), but please try contacting Unity first...it could take me a while to find that box.

llong66

Hello, I got a hold of Unity customer service, very nice people. I tried to explain what I was missing in my kit as far as the instruction sheet with the various templates. The woman I spoke to sent me a copy of the instructions, but it was only a thumbnail and when I tried to enlarge it, it was unreadable. I called her back and she said she would resend it in .pdf form, which she did very quickly, but it was only the two page instructions, which I have. In the illustrations showing the install procedure, it mentions and shows using the templates from the other sheet, which she did not send. I will call her back Mon. and see if they have what I need. Again, they are great, very nice people to deal with, seem to truly care about customer service which is getting hard to find today!!
Thanks for your help and idea, hopefully Mon. I will be installing my light!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks