• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A really satisfying Ooops! or..just stupidity.

dmetalmiki

Those that followed my posts about trouble with trucks just cutting out, sometimes starting again, sometimes running great..UNTIL the go pedal is floored. Then..Quit!.
Sometimes requiring the wrecker to the rescue.
Today I was determined to find out why the (I thought fully fixed ) Fire Truck just cut our and stopped on the way back from the first event of the season. Fortunately only half a mile from the barn along the straight where I floored it to check maximum performance. A quick tow from the following truck, and off it went again.
(It should not have!(see pictures)).
So, I open the shop and look for a spare hydraulic head.
I happened to glance up at the shelving..And noticed the spare deuce fuel tank and pump were (STILL) up there on that shelf.
OOPS! I THOUGHT that had been changed amongst all the other 'curing' tasks performed previously.
( thinks.." You got' to be kidding"!)
I, WE, He, them, Never did that task!.
{Older members, ranks above major, Methodical members WITH good memories , and collectors of green things who follow logical procedures by the book do not 'Look / read' on!} (so called, Newbies, PAY ATTENTION).

Don't you just love it when you (actually) find a 'FAULT!..(or) CAUSE!

(3 Bumps in the shed wall!!).

Attachments

dmetalmiki

I just don't see how it ran, even the outlet pipe was blocked, and the hose split. I have heard of 'deuces' will run without the in tank pump, but that is taking the proverbial.
HOW did I miss or forget that? We did everything else. (not required as it now seems).
BUT, lesson learned, we will 'attack' the M54A2 at the weekend, same problem, same fix?..hopefully.

rustystud

I just don't see how it ran, even the outlet pipe was blocked, and the hose split. I have heard of 'deuces' will run without the in tank pump, but that is taking the proverbial.
HOW did I miss or forget that? We did everything else. (not required as it now seems).
BUT, lesson learned, we will 'attack' the M54A2 at the weekend, same problem, same fix?..hopefully.
Well now you know it is fixed ! No more worrying if it will act up on you. Still that is a "newbie" move ! :oops: You get the "red face of shame" for that ! LOL !!!! Of course we all have had the "red face of shame" one time or another ! Just last year I rebuilt my TH400 for no reason ! Simple newbie mistake on my part. You would think after 4 decades I would stop making stupid mistakes like that ! I guess that just makes me human .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks