• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A tongue box for my 101A2

harleyhouse

I will post more pictures of the counter.
The stove came from a garage clean out, I replumed it and use it with the 5# propane tank.
I actually used the stove for several months while doing a kitchen renovation at my home.
It is rusty in the picture but I rub it down with stove black and it looks new.

harleyhouse

I've got GAS!

Part I

I bought a five pound Manchester propane tank.
I searched for a mount to hang it on the front of my M101A2. it seemed everything I wanted except one required extra items to satisfy my need.

I measured that tank dementions and came out with this design.
it is bent from 2 3/4" wide steel 1/8" thick. The main support will bolt on the trailer
tub with two 5/16" bolts, the top bolt will be left longer and insert through a hole in the tank and be used a s a hold down. the U strap wraps around the tank and will have a rubber bungie to hold it secure.

Part II

I finished the propane tank holder and I feel it turned out well.
I went to the hardware store and spied some 1/4" clevis pins.
that would suite my needs as a holder for the tank strap.

I wanted a mushroom style head that the bungie would slip over and not slide off,
I marked everything and drilled for the mounting bolts and bungie pins.
The welding of the frame and pins was finished at work and I bead blasted the whole assembly for good paint adhesion.

a coat of red oxide primer and several coats of glossy black and the rack was looking better. I marked and drilled the mounting location on the right side of the trailer
"This will be the side my kitchen box and tables will be mounted on"

The mount is bolted on with two 1/4" bolts and the top is longer and passes through a hole in the top rim of the propane tank locking it on with a nylock wing nut and spacer. A 14" bungie has the correct amount of tension on the mounting pins to hold the tank firmly.

I like the K.I.S.S method and I think this simple design is a keeper.

Attachments

Last edited:

jtron79

One small safety feature that i would add is a pin on the upper mount of the bracket. like a self bailing hitch pin, as to keep the tank from being able to slide out if the bungee broke. or you could even use a padlock if you were concerned about theft. Thanks for the pictures and the inspiration!!!

quickfarms

he already took care of that

"The mount is bolted on with two 1/4" bolts and the top is longer and passes through a hole in the top rim of the propane tank locking it on with a nylock wing nut and spacer."