• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Truckoholic M925A1 paint job:-)

Truckoholic

Okay..... Got my M925A1 all sandblasted last week. Took just a couple days to get that done, then all day Saturday I spent painting it. VERY happy with how it turned out. If any of you remember what my plan was, I was going for a pretty dark end result where the drab and the black blended together to where there was not a huge contrast between the olive drab, and the flat black. And it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to! I love it!

396915_10151338109499465_406304042_n (Medium).jpg 563943_10151338108629465_1827435741_n (Medium).jpg

Then this evening I finally got my cargo cover bows all built, and got the cargo cover on there. Holy crap! I knew this thing was massive before, but now with the cargo cover on there it REALLY seems MASSIVELY HUGE!!! I LOVE MASSIVE TRUCKS!!! Ha ha

Still need to paint the cargo cover to match, but wanted to post these pics:)

photo1 (Medium).jpgphoto2 (Medium).jpgphoto3.jpg

Last edited:

Truckoholic

Yes blasted down to bare metal then primed. I find it way too difficult to try to blast just the top coat off without ending up with a very rough and uneven surface. I like to just blast it all the way down to the bare metal and start over again clean. Except the floor of the bed. That was the only place I only blasted enough to make the old paint rough so the new paint would stick to it.

SeaBeeRight.gif

Checkmate

Very cool... The new paint color scheme actually looks better than the normal camo. Especially when compared to the trees in the last 3 pics of the OP[thumbzup]

Truckoholic

Well, got my tarp painted last night, and got my flag poles made.

lf.jpgrr.jpglr.jpg

flagmount.jpg

Also got my 24Volt super bright LED backup lights installed together with an on off switch in the dash. Man those things are nice!!! I learned last year that these things are super difficult to backup in the dark since you absolutely can not see where you are going. Well not now! These LED floodlights light the entire area behind the truck VERY well with a very nice intense white light. It's great!

backup.jpgbackupon.jpgswitch.jpg

And here's a pic of all my nice new guages, and the ignition switch I put in.

guages.jpgignitionswitch.jpg

And a pic of the lettering on the door.

door.jpg

jrod66

Looking good man, glad to see it coming together so fast, where did you get the LED lights? and where did you source your Gillespie paint from? thanks

broadsword71

Okay..... Got my M925A1 all sandblasted last week. Took just a couple days to get that done, then all day Saturday I spent painting it. VERY happy with how it turned out. If any of you remember what my plan was, I was going for a pretty dark end result where the drab and the black blended together to where there was not a huge contrast between the olive drab, and the flat black. And it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to! I love it!

View attachment 346720 View attachment 346721

Then this evening I finally got my cargo cover bows all built, and got the cargo cover on there. Holy crap! I knew this thing was massive before, but now with the cargo cover on there it REALLY seems MASSIVELY HUGE!!! I LOVE MASSIVE TRUCKS!!! Ha ha

Still need to paint the cargo cover to match, but wanted to post these pics:)

View attachment 346722View attachment 346723View attachment 346724
About how pounds of sand did you go through? I sanded my last deuce with a DA front to back. I logged about 37 hours! And I still wasn't completely satisfied, but I was completely out of gas! Plus I flat blacked the entire thing which hides minor blemishes well. So I wasn't worried. But this new deuce I have, I'm considering blasting it.

Truckoholic

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks