• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Truckoholic M925A1 paint job:-)

Truckoholic

About how pounds of sand did you go through? I sanded my last deuce with a DA front to back. I logged about 37 hours! And I still wasn't completely satisfied, but I was completely out of gas! Plus I flat blacked the entire thing which hides minor blemishes well. So I wasn't worried. But this new deuce I have, I'm considering blasting it.
I went through about 1700 pounds of sand. Around 34 bags. And it only took me a total of about 6 hours maybe to blast the whole truck. I've been there with the DA sander, and hand sanding and things and I know what you mean! It just wears you out, takes days and days especially if you work full time, and in the end you still aren't that pleased with the end result. My sandblaster setup is one o the best things I've ever invested my money in! I got my 210cfm trailer mounted diesel powered compressor at an auction, and drove 700 miles to get my Schmidt sandblaster from a guy on Craigslist. It is so nice to be able to blast all the rust away so quickly and cleanly, and end up with such a nice smooth surface to paint!

930dreamer

Nice work on the blasting/repaint. I'm looking for an outside blasting set up. The three acres next to my shop is perfect for this find of work.:D

jrod66

**** thats alot of sand! sounds like nice equipment too, might just have to go to your place to blast mine :) truck is looking good bud, I like the flag mounts, whats next on your list of upgrades?

broadsword71

I went through about 1700 pounds of sand. Around 34 bags. And it only took me a total of about 6 hours maybe to blast the whole truck. I've been there with the DA sander, and hand sanding and things and I know what you mean! It just wears you out, takes days and days especially if you work full time, and in the end you still aren't that pleased with the end result. My sandblaster setup is one o the best things I've ever invested my money in! I got my 210cfm trailer mounted diesel powered compressor at an auction, and drove 700 miles to get my Schmidt sandblaster from a guy on Craigslist. It is so nice to be able to blast all the rust away so quickly and cleanly, and end up with such a nice smooth surface to paint!
Thanks for the reply...1700 pounds. WOW but only 6 hours! Forget it, I'm saving up for a sandblaster. I will bury my DA in a shallow grave next to bubu. I salute you DA, but your services are no longer needed, you have worked hard, but no know only through the struggles of others you hardly worked! God Speed devil dog! Haha I had to say that. I will post pics of the tear down and repaint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks